Pages

    Sunday, December 30, 2007

    Time

    Well, it's been over 48 hours without a fever, woohoo!

    Dalynn and I had the night off (my mom and sister stayed with Cole) and got a chance to go to church this morning. I could tell how much time had passed by how much bigger all the kids at church seemed. It was wonderful to see our church family and we got a chance to talk to them as a body, as well.

    Our last service of the year was a continental breakfast style get-together and it was an ideal way to catch up with everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and my heart swelled with gratitude for all of these people who have done so much for us.

    We headed back to the hospital around 3.

    Time seems to move differently in the hospital. I can't quite figure it out, but I think it has something to do with living one day at a time. You don't really make plans while you're here, you just wake up and all you consider is the day that lays in front of you. You live the day as best you can and when night comes you tend to spend time contemplating what went on in the day that just passed. Then you go to bed, probably earlier than you would at home. The next day will roll around sooner than you probably wish, at least from a sleep perspective.

    I can't help but think of the scripture where Christ tells us to consider only today, as today has enough troubles all on its own. It's very true. To some extent, I wish I could have this hospital mentality at home. Maybe I could just place my faith in the Lord and live the day at hand to its fullest. Maybe I could just trust that the Lord will see to the needs of tomorrow and let Him, instead of wasting so much time worrying about it myself (and making futile plans, hehe).

    At any rate, I know that I've lived mainly day-to-day over the past month and a half. That makes this time seem so much longer and even fuller than a regular month and a half would normally feel. Not all of it has been pleasant, but I certainly can say that I've lived more in this time than I ever have in any given month and a half in the past.

    It's an interestingly satisfying feeling.

    1 comments:

    Faith said...

    Happy New Year to you and your family.