Pages

    Thursday, October 25, 2007

    A Weighty Matter


    Here's a picture of Logan and I that I took, hence the really funny angle. It kind of illustrates my point today, though (in a very round-about way).

    A few months back, I had one of my co-workers over for lunch at our place. While I was making sandwiches, he was perusing the pictures we have and he stopped and asked me a very funny question: "Who's this guy with Dalynn in this picture, her brother?"

    It was, in fact, a picture of Dalynn and me. An older picture from when we were dating, as a matter of fact. Why didn't he recognize me, you might ask? Well, it was probably due to the over 50 lbs. that I have put on since that time. I guess I just look a lot different, especially in the face.

    But, the funny thing, is that I don't see the difference! Well, normally, I don't.

    When I look at old pics of myself, I see me. When I look in the mirror, I see me. Now, I can see differences, but I really think that since I was "along for the ride", so to speak, I don't see the radical differences that others see when they look at these two seemingly different Mikes.

    I wish I could hop into someone elses brain for a minute to see what they see. I really do. I'd love to see, just for a second, what others images are of me. I'm sure that they see things very differently than I do. I think it would be interesting (and maybe dismaying or uplifting, who knows).

    Now, I wish I really felt like tying that into some post about how God sees us verse how we see ourselves, but to be honest, that's pretty cliched and I don't feel like peddling a cliche! So, you'll just have to make due with my thought for the day as it stands.

    0 comments: