Pages

    Wednesday, October 24, 2007

    Haircuts and Whatnot


    So, we took Cole to have his first hair cut this last weekend. Our friend, Christy Montoya did it. She also did Dalynn's hair (which looks great). It's almost a shame, though, that Ira (his Grandmother) couldn't do it. I'm sure she would have loved to.

    Cole did very well, and only cried once when Christy started cutting the front. We told Cole that she was using "safety scissors", like Micky Mouse uses in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It was quite funny when Cole kept referring to these extremely long and dangerous looking scissors as "safety scissors" and would then nod his head. Course, I don't know if he has a clue that there are scissors that aren't safe, or if, in fact, he knows what safety is at all. Whatever, he did well and we enjoyed Christy proclaiming how well he did (as most prideful parents will, hah!).

    I've recently been getting a lot of hands-on with Logan (a lot more, I guess I should say). For the most part, when I'm around (and not at work) I try to manage Cole to let Dalynn focus on Logan. However, Dalynn has started leaving Logan with me the last few times she's gone to her Bible studies.

    Luckily, Cole is generally in bed when I'm burping and putting Logan down. I tell you, I don't know how Dalynn manages it on a day-to-day basis! It's tough for me to manage just one of them (well, not tough, now, but not a cake-walk, either). The few times I've had to manage both together have been nerve-wracking! The art of doing everything with one arm is something that is not easy to get. Lord help me when they can both run...

    So, all in all, I appreciate what my wife does immensely and it's something I don't imagine I could replicate as easily.

    0 comments: