Pages

    Monday, November 3, 2008

    Cole Turns 3

    On Saturday, November 1, Cole turned 3!

    As I write this I thank God that I'm not saying "Cole would have turned 3". Dalynn and I have been thanking the Lord for the fact that we've had one more year with our precious son.

    Thank you all for your prayers and help. They have seen us through such a difficult time but days like Saturday continue to drive home to us just how blessed we are. Blessed that we can still celebrate the life of our sweet son.

    I'll try to get some pictures posted soon. If you haven't seen a picture of Cole recently (and only have pictures from his initial treatment to go on) then you may thoroughly enjoy some new pictures. He looks like a typical (if somewhat chubby) 3 year old.

    We had a party for Cole and invited some friends over. Unfortunately, as is normally the case with us trying to plan birthday parties (we seem to suffer from a birthday party curse), something happened that prevented a lot of folks from coming (that being that half of the folks that were supposed to come, including my mom, got sick). Despite that, though, we had a rousing good time! Cole received many fun toys and he and Rayanna (sorry if I butchered her name, Camille!) played until about 9 that night (having started at 3).

    It was so much fun to see Cole interacting with another 3 year old. At one point, they were running around trying to rescue pretend animals from a pretend tiger and dragon all the while calling Diego and Dora on their cell phones. It was quite cute.

    All in all, we had a really good weekend and I'm so thankful that we got to throw a party for Cole.

    2 comments:

    Rebecca Franklin said...

    3!!! What a blessing indeed. I think Cole needs some 3 year old birthday pictures. I would like to volunteer to do that for ya'll. Give me a call so we can figure out a date that would work with his schedule. 635 5562

    Michael.Rollins said...

    You're awesome, Becca. I never figured that Josh's little sister would turn into such a cool girl. I mean, the doll house and the pink disqualified you right from the start!

    We'll give you a call soon.