Pages

    Friday, February 26, 2010

    Wanna See Me Shave My Head?

    Wanna see me shave my head?  I'll do it if you help fight childhood cancer with the Rollin' Reckers!  We're gathering funds in support of St. Baldrick's, a charity which donates money directly to the hospitals which are doing the research in childhood cancer.  St. Baldrick's is pretty simple:  raise money by shaving your head.

    So, I'm going to shave my head, but I need your help to do it.  We're going to raise as much money as we can in order to fight off the types of cancer that Cole has.  We're teaming up with Cole's best clinic buddy, Ethan. 

    Ethan and Cole have the same kind of cancer.  They've bonded from the first time that we met Ethan in clinic (Ethan's about a year behind Cole in treatment) and now we're all getting together to kick some cancer butt!

    You can donate or, better yet, you can volunteer to have your head shaved and raise money on your own!  Whatever you do, come join us.  The more of us that get involved means the fewer children which have to suffer through what Cole and Ethan have suffered through.

    Go to our team page and click the donate button.  You can do it!

    4 comments:

    Van said...

    I'm in - great work, Mike, and will spread the word.

    Unknown said...

    Michael, thank you so much for promoting St. Baldrick’s. We are proud to count you as a member of the St. Baldrick’s family. With your help, we are a few hairs closer to conquering kids’ cancer!

    BrodyandGideon'smom said...

    Hi, Mike...

    I googled "delayed intensification" since my son will be starting that phase sometime in Mid-October. THANK YOU for your honesty and all of the information you have poured into your blog. I know no two children have the same side-effects or experience with Cancer, but reading the way your family has gotten through this has truly been a blessing to me.
    Amanda Schripsema
    http://gideonschripsema.blogspot.com

    St. Baldrick's said...

    Michael, thank you so much for promoting St. Baldrick’s. We are proud to count you as a member of the St. Baldrick’s family. With your help, we are a few hairs closer to conquering kids’ cancer!